Listen to uplifting music.
Research showed that if stroke patients listened to music for a couple of hours a day, their memory and focused attention recovered better. They also had a more positive mood than patients who did not listen to anything.
What will you need?
- A quiet space
- A music playing device (phone/computer/other)
How long will it take?
By 9:00 pm today
- Write to us about either your favorite line or two musical instruments you were able to identify.
- Choose a song that you find uplifting.
- Find a quiet room in your house, sit down in a comfortable position, and play your chosen song in a volume that is pleasant for you. You can use Youtube/a playlist on your phone, or any other method you prefer.
- Listen to the song from beginning to end. Make an effort to keep your attention on the song, rather than let your mind drift (this is harder than it sounds). A tip is to focus on one aspect of the song such as the lyrics or the musical instruments playing. Give it a try.
- Once done, write to us (at the end of this page). Let us know what your favorite line from the song was or what two musical instruments you were able to identify.